|Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi|
That leaves us with an absentee Congress, Pelosi and Reid promised much would be accomplished this year, but ended with not even completing the major spending and tax legislation needed to help the faltering economy.
The top 10 unfinished business left by Pelosi and Reid include:
1. Extend Tax Rates: The largest tax increase in American History is still scheduled to take effect on January 1st.
2. Create Jobs: President Obama’s $862 stimulus bill was supposed to jumpstart the economy but unemployment in the U.S. remains over 9%
3. Pass A Budget: The congressional Democrats and President Obama have not passed a budget this year to determine government spending.
4. Appropriations Bills: The Congress has not passed any of the 12 annual appropriations bills for fiscal 2011. Instead, they have passed continuing resolutions,
5. Trade: The Chamber of Commerce is urging Congress to renew the GSP and the ATPA before they expire at the end of the year. GSP boosts the competitiveness of U.S. manufacturers and lowers the cost of consumer goods for American families.
6. Stop the EPA: The EPA is planning to bypass Congress and dictate rules to curb carbon gas emission. Prominent Democratic Senators co-sponsored a bill to stop the renegade EPA But their leader, Harry Reid, has not scheduled a floor vote on the bill.
7. Repeal ObamaCare's Tax Burden: Small Business will be burdended by an Obamacare mandate to file a 1099 tax form to any vendor paid over $600 in a year.
8. Secure Our Borders: Reid has made immigration reform a top priority of his leadership in the Senate and has accomplished nothing.
9. Pork Spending Reform: Pelosi promised transparency and openness in the budget process including earmarks.” Reid concurred and instead they have done nothing.
10. Ethics Trials for Rangel and Waters: Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) has been charged with 13 ethical violations. Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) with three counts of ethical charges. Neither trials have been scheduled.